Student Storage Information
As of today, April 1, 2020, the undergraduate residences have been cleared of all personal belongings. Given the rush of packing, we did pretty well with getting items labeled. Thank you!
This note is to share information about how Student Affairs is managing your on-campus belongings:
- Over the last two weeks, students' belongings have been moved to the gym for storage. Staff members from housing, facilities, transportation, and dining services delivered all these items to the gym. We all owe them a big thank you!
- The next phase will be to organize these items (>3000 boxes) by person (~700) in an orderly grid in Brown Gym. Our athletic department staff members have been the ground force cataloging and organizing stored items. Please remember to thank them also when you get your stuff back!
- Some of the boxes were not properly labeled, and only have a room number or the house name. We have sorted this small number of boxes separately to manage the items on a case by case basis.
- Once all items have been cataloged, the staff will establish a retrieval process that will accommodate a variety of students' needs and schedules.
- Please do not request access to your items at this time. The Athletic Department will be in contact after April 19th with information about this process and the timeframe for accessing the facility.
I hope it helps you to know that your stuff is safely stored, and we are all working to support you during this extraordinary time. Please stay safe and healthy as you start the new term and don't forget to take PE classes or the very least, get up and move every day! Good luck and remember to be patient with yourselves in this new format, it will stretch you in many new ways!
Director of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation